This Directorate functions include:
- Design of buildings and other immovable Governments Assets
- Estimation and Construction of all Public buildings projects including purchase of properties within and outside the Country.
- The department oversees all activities related to major renovation that involves restructuring of existing buildings and properties.
- It is also the function of this department to co-ordinate the activities of all consultants and contractors appointed by Government to carry out specific assignment in the building industry.
- The department can also embark on direct labor and supervisory activities which can either be for projects initiated by the Ministry or other Government agencies.
- Department keeps, manages and updates all files of Government Immovable Assets