- Project duration: December 2016 to December 2019 (3 years)
- Project value: Approximately USD 8.3 Million
- Financing partners: The African Development Bank’s transition support facility will provide 90% of the funds while FGS will contribute the remainder in-kind.
- Executing agency: Ministry of Public Works Reconstruction & Housing
- Implementing agency: UNOPS Somalia Office in partnership with MPWRH.
- Geographical focus: Banadir (Mogadishu), Puntland, Hir-Shabelle, South-West, Jubba and Galmudug.
- Direct beneficiaries: This project targets ministries of public works at both federal and state levels as well as the Banadir Regional Administration. Somali youth will benefit directly through capacity development for enhanced employability and entrepreneurship support.
Indirect beneficiaries: The Project will indirectly benefit all Somalis, both at individual and institutional levels through enhanced public service delivery in the transport infrastructure and housing construction sectors.
A Project Management Team (PMT) will be established within MPWRH to work with the Project Manager and Project Support Officer to secure successful day-to-day implementation of the SSIPWP. The PMT will also help leverage the capacity building results within MPWRH.
A multi-agency Project Steering Committee will support, guide and provide oversight to the implementation of the project and ensure that the project is aligned with the priorities set out in the NDP (2017 – 2019).