Consultation Meeting on Assessment of Public Work Legislation
- Excellency Words
The Acting and State Minister H.E. Ahmed Abdi Karie opened the meeting and mentioned the importance and priority of legislation and policy framework those guilds institution origination legislation in providing a uniform approach legislative draft so that legislation consistent, easy to understand, follow, implement and enforce.
Ministry of Public Works have been held consultation meeting in Jazeera Hotel on 16 the August, 2017 of reviewing the Legislatives that guiding the mandate of the ministry and regulating the running activities. The Meeting were participated stakeholders of expert and ministry heads.
The rules must be followed by all institutions charged with drafting legislation in Somalia. Draft may only deviate from the rules is legislative is proposed under emergency procedure that prevent the drafter from following the rule.
Mandate ministry broad’s scope of responsibility fall in the following areas: Government Houses, land, physical planning, building standards code, surveys, bridges, roads, ports, airport, railways, sewages and drainages.
- Scope of Subject Matters
for the purpose of the rule, “Regulation includes”
a) Constitution b) Laws c) Rule of procedure d) Decision e) instruction f) Rulebooks g) By-laws and h) other general legal acts, individual agreements, resolution and other declaratory acts, if their nature requires it.
- Outcome Results
The participants were suggested and conformed to draft the below legislations that are the prioritized legislation that articled ministry operations, organizing, and enforce implementation.
1. Regulatory the construction of building (Building Code, Building Permit)
2. Land Surveys Legislation (Establishment framework for the development of cadastral based maps by licensed surveyor.
3. Housing Legislation (National Housing Policy)
4.Public Road legislation
– Declare and outline the function, power and responsibility for ministry of Planning, developing, constructing and maintenance the public road network is safe, effective and efficient.
– Design, estimate of bill of quantities (BOQ’S) and modify roads.
– Regulating to protect the road supervision
– Access (Driveway and Entrance) on to road reserve such as utilities
5.physical planning legislation
– Establishment the National Plan and coordinate the rollout across the Country, and describe the role of stakeholders.
– MPWR&H responsible for development on national policies, guidelines, standards and approve planning scheme.
– Federal state responsible regional physical plan
– Municipalities/Districts responsible for local physical plan