SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT (SSIPWP)
M&E Officer Terms of Reference
Reporting to: Head section planning
Duration: 20 months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)
Duty Station: Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H)
The Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing is responsible for managing, building and rehabilitating federal government buildings and the infrastructure of the country. The Ministry has always been the custodian authority of all infrastructures, buildings, bridges, highways and roads, land plots, land tenure, national infrastructure policy, urban planning and topographic and cartographic research in Somalia.
The Ministry is committed to deliver its mandate and functions in a transparent, accountable, effective and efficient manner. The Ministry is also committed to recruit a diverse and inclusive civil service work force that aims to best meet the needs of all Somali citizens.
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP) The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
Purpose of the position
• The officer will report to the Head of Planning section and is responsible to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement of policies plane project program of the MPWRH through effective monitoring and evaluation
Scope of services
o Reporting to the Head of Planning at MPWRH authority, the incumbent is responsible for to all program staff monitoring assigned of the ministry Public works FGS’.
Duties and Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
• Performs as an integral member of project teams to provide guidance and advice to ensure sound, client-responsive and innovative performance monitoring/management plans. • Support planning and programming activities of the ministry by providing technical information on monitoring and evaluation outcomes. • Designs and implements systems for the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the projects and programmers of the Ministry/Department/Agency • Establishes and maintains monitoring and evaluation information systems or databases and ensures that resources are current, available for employees and widely disseminated
• Activating a proper monitoring and evaluation system systems to different projects and the ministry in general • Develop and activate systems to assess the quality of project services. • Maintain an organizational culture of continuous learning and sharing of • Collects data on inputs, activities and immediate outputs and reports on their contribution to eventual outcomes. • Conducts field visits to obtain data in order to inform the design of performance monitoring/management plans where necessary. • Establishes and maintains monitoring and evaluation information systems or databases and ensures that resources are current, available for employees and widely disseminated. • Assists relevant staff of the Ministry departments/Agency in the development of new projects/programmes, ensuring that all proposals include specific goals, objectives, outputs, indicators, targets and provision for adequate funding. • Participates in assessments of new projects/programmes, as needed. • Keeps abreast of monitoring and evaluation practices to ensure adherence to international monitoring and evaluation standards. • Links or assists in the linking of evaluation findings to policy formulation, planning and budgetary processes of the Ministry departments/Agency. • Prepares and analyses monitoring and evaluation reports for management to assist in its decision-making processes. • Represents the Ministry departments/Agency on various committees and at t meetings, conferences, workshops and other fora as required. • M&E officer will assist conduct the monitoring project progress of the ministry in support of Government’s development policies and programs. • Embarking on monitoring evaluation of data collection communication of the ministry of Government’s and federal states members • Able to data collection, entry and simple analysis • Able to manage research data and databases including cleaning, analyzing and reporting data
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, • 5 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential)
• Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in both English and Somali • Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations • Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others • Strong interpersonal skills • Bilingual in English and Somali • Experience in working UN, INGOs and Government Institutions • Demonstrated experience of working on projects or project data • Experience working in research administration, including tracking and logging information in spreadsheets. • Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis • Experience of using MS Excel for managing information and computing • Experience of using SPSS (or equivalent) • Written and verbal communication skills –English and Somali
• Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org , Closing date by 28th April,, 2019 @5:00pm.Kindly indicate “M&E Officer MPWRH & VA-no: 0049/19– Mogadishu, Somalia” on the subject line when applying. • Qualified Female candidates is highly encouraged to apply. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.